Thursday 11 January 2018

WWII Memories on blogger

Well, here we are.  After running my WWII Memories website since 2004, I've finally decided to close it down.  It's been a hobby site, funded by me alone but, sadly, the cost of hosting has all moved from 'annual' reasonable payments to 'monthly' less reasonable ones.  Times move on.  


I'm pleased to say that so many memories that were on the site are still available through the BBC People's War archived site.  I will be carrying on via this blog and will, as the months move along now, be transferring the wonderful stories, personal accounts, photographs and requests for help here.  Comments are freely added to and hopefully it will become a good resource.

So, welcome to the new look WWII Memories space.  I hope it continues to be as successful as the website. Don't forget to join the 17.5k followers on Twitter @wwiimemories or come along and follow us on Facebook at WWII Memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment